Sonia Gandhi’s speech in Amethi asking people to ensure victory of Rahul Gandhi on Sunday invited barbs from Narendra Modi who wondered how the Congress Vice President can lead the country when he cannot handle his constituency.
The BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate kept up with his sharp attacks on the first family of the ruling party as he referred to “whopping rise” in the assets of Rahul’s brother-in-law Robert Vadra and termed it the model of “ma-bete ki sarkar” (mother-son’s government).
“Sonia told the people in Amethi to take care of her son. We are told that he will take care of the country. Tell me, is there any logic in this? One who is begging with the people in Amethi to take care of her son….If he can’t handle Amethi, then how can he handle the country,” he told a rally here.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sonia had told a rally in Amethi on Saturday that the people should support policies of Congress and ensure victory of Rahul.
Criticised by Gandhis for selling people dreams and giving an impression that he has a magic wand to turn around the country, Modi tried to turn the tables as he said he often wondered who they were referring to as they never named anyone.
He then cited a recent report in a US newspaper on Vadra’s fortunes and said sarcastically he finally realised who Gandhis spoke about after reading the story.
“They spoke about a Class X pass youth who had only Rs 1 lakh in pocket and then went on to own Rs 300 crore in three years. This is the mother-son’s model. You heard about 2G, now hear about jijaji (brother-in-law). Do we have to leave this country in their hands?,” he said.
Accusing Rahul of misleading the country on issues of women’s safety, he said seven of the top 10 states in terms of crimes against women were ruled by Congress. “I think the new slogan of Congress is ‘har haath loot har bol jhoot’ (Loot with every hand, all words are lies).”