Sonia Gandhi’s speech in Amethi asking people to ensure victory of Rahul Gandhi on Sunday invited barbs from Narendra Modi who wondered how the Congress Vice President can lead the country when he cannot handle his constituency.
The BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate kept up with his sharp attacks on the first family of the ruling party as he referred to “whopping rise” in the assets of Rahul’s brother-in-law Robert Vadra and termed it the model of “ma-bete ki sarkar” (mother-son’s government).
“Sonia told the people in Amethi to take care of her son. We are told that he will take care of the country. Tell me, is there any logic in this? One who is begging with the people in Amethi to take care of her son….If he can’t handle Amethi, then how can he handle the country,” he told a rally here.
Sonia had told a rally in Amethi on Saturday that the people should support policies of Congress and ensure victory of Rahul.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Criticised by Gandhis for selling people dreams and giving an impression that he has a magic wand to turn around the country, Modi tried to turn the tables as he said he often wondered who they were referring to as they never named anyone.
He then cited a recent report in a US newspaper on Vadra’s fortunes and said sarcastically he finally realised who Gandhis spoke about after reading the story.
“They spoke about a Class X pass youth who had only Rs 1 lakh in pocket and then went on to own Rs 300 crore in three years. This is the mother-son’s model. You heard about 2G, now hear about jijaji (brother-in-law). Do we have to leave this country in their hands?,” he said.
Accusing Rahul of misleading the country on issues of women’s safety, he said seven of the top 10 states in terms of crimes against women were ruled by Congress. “I think the new slogan of Congress is ‘har haath loot har bol jhoot’ (Loot with every hand, all words are lies).”