Narendra Modi,a staunch proponent of Hinduvta,was on Friday anointed BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
BJP leaders and allies welcomed party’s announcement of Modi as its PM candidate. Here are reactions of the BJP leaders and allies on the decision:
Modi is BJP’s best produce: Joshi
Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Friday called Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as “chokh maal” (best product).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Namo (Modi) is BJP’s chokha maal,” the veteran BJP leader told reporters hours before BJP’s Parliamentary Board meeting in New Delhi.
“The party has put him before the nation,whether people like him or not,time will tell,” Joshi said,when asked about L K Advani’s reservations on declaring Modi as party’s prime ministerial nominee.
Modi to take India to great heights: Shivraj Chouhan
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday congratulated his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi on being made BJP’s Prime Ministerial nominee,saying his dynamic leadership will ensure “astounding victory” for the party in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
In a Twitter post,Chouhan also said Modi’s leadership shall take India to great heights which this nation and its citizens deserve.
“I congratulate Shri @narendramodi on being nominated as party’s PM candidate. His dynamic leadership would ensure astounding victory for us. The leadership of Shri @narendramodi shall take India to great heights which this nation and our citizens deserve,” he tweeted within hours after the announcement of Modi’s elevation.
BJP will form govt at Centre under Modi’s leadership: Raman Singh
Congratulated Modi,Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh expressed confidence that the party will form government at the Centre under his leadership.
“I congratulate Narendra Modiji. NDA and BJP will form the government at the Centre under his leadership after the 2014 general elections,” Singh told reporters here.
He said the country will see a model of good governance after BJP’s victory in 2014 general elections.
BJP honoured people’s sentiment: Sushil Modi
Senior Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi hailed the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s anointment as the party’s prime ministerial candidate for the next general elections and thanked the central leadership for honouring sentiments of the people of India.
“The BJP has honoured sentiments of the people of India by nominating Modi as the party’s PM candidate,” the former Bihar deputy chief minister tweeted immediately after the national president Rajnath Singh made the announcement in New Delhi.
“Narendra Modi is not only the NDA’s PM candidate,but has become the people’s candidate for the PM’s post,” he said in another tweet.
Shiv Sena welcomes Modi’s elevation
Shiv Sena,a constituent of the NDA,welcomed BJP’s announcement of Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate,saying that the decision reflected the mood of the people.
“The decision was expected and that is the mood of the people too,” Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said in a statement here this evening.
“Nectar has come out of the “samudra manthan” (churning of the sea),” Uddhav said,in apparent reference to the friction within BJP on the issue.
SAD terms it a right decision
Shiromani Akali Dal,a key constituent of the NDA,welcomed BJP’s decision terming it a right decision taken by the party.
SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal,while congratulating Modi,said people of the country are eager to topple the “directionless UPA government” led by Congress.
(With PTI inputs)