Accusing Narendra Modi of lying on the issue of his marital status, Congress leader Dijvijay Singh Friday demanded that the Election Commission lodge a criminal case against him for giving “false affidavit” while contesting elections.
“Such a liar cannnot become the Prime Minister of the country…. If a common man gives wrong information in the affidavit, he is booked. I want to ask EC and Gujarat government what action has been taken against Modi for giving false affidavit.They should lodge a criminal case against him,” Singh said while addressing an election rally here.
The Congress leader said he was “surprised” that Modi was hiding his marriage and had kept the column on marital status empty in the election affidavits filed in 2007 and 2012 assembly polls.
“He is not living with his wife, he should have taken divorce.If he is married, why is he lying. Poor Jasodaben is living separately for past 35 years. How can a person, who cannot respect woman in his home, respect the nation,” he added.
Cautioning BJP President Rajnath Singh, Digvijay said that Modi had sidelined every leader who patronised him and now it was his turn to remain alert.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Rajnath should remain alert. Now it is your number. Modi has sidelined every leader who stood by him including Shankar Singh Vaghela, Keshubhai Patel, Kanshiram Rana, Haren Pandya and later Lal Krishna Advani. Advani, however, has saved himself,” Singh said.
Claiming that Modi did not have “knowledge of history and geography”, Singh said that he can tell about “300 lies from Modi”.
He cautioned that some forces were trying to created a divide between Hindus and Muslims and that the trend had started with ‘rath yatra’ of Advani during early 1990s.
Holding Samajwadi Party government in the state responsible for Muzaffarnagar riots, Singh said that had the Chief Minister and the state government taken precautions, the the riots would not have taken place.
On Mulayam Singh Yadav’s statement on rape issue, Singh said, “wo kab kya keh jayein bharosa nahi” (You can never know, when and what he says”.
“His statement is condemnable…. Rape is a henious crime and those responsible should be given stricter punishment,” he said.