Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Sunday likened Prime Minister Narendra Modi to a batsman who becomes a captain in the very first Test he plays and scores a triple century.
Modi’s comparison to a cricketer was made by Advani when he showered praises on the Prime Minister for leading the party and the NDA to a thumping victory with over 300 seats in the recent Lok Sabha elections.
“In test cricket we have heard of players who score a century or a double century on their debut. But I do not know of any batsman who becomes a captain in the very first test he plays and scores a triple century! This is Narendrabhai’s unique achievement,” Advani said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Advani was delivering the valedictory address on the second and final day of an orientation workshop for first time party MPs here.
63-year-old Modi was declared the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate ahead of the elections and made his maiden entry to the Lok Sabha. NDA got 336 seats of which BJP accounted for a record 282 seats.