Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Sunday likened Prime Minister Narendra Modi to a batsman who becomes a captain in the very first Test he plays and scores a triple century.
Modi’s comparison to a cricketer was made by Advani when he showered praises on the Prime Minister for leading the party and the NDA to a thumping victory with over 300 seats in the recent Lok Sabha elections.
“In test cricket we have heard of players who score a century or a double century on their debut. But I do not know of any batsman who becomes a captain in the very first test he plays and scores a triple century! This is Narendrabhai’s unique achievement,” Advani said.
Advani was delivering the valedictory address on the second and final day of an orientation workshop for first time party MPs here.
63-year-old Modi was declared the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate ahead of the elections and made his maiden entry to the Lok Sabha. NDA got 336 seats of which BJP accounted for a record 282 seats.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched