Moderate to brisk polling was reported during first four hours in Himachal with 18 to 25 per cent voters exercising their franchise by 11 am
Long queues of voters with large number of woman were seen at polling booths in several places and inspite of harvesting season polling was moderate in rural areas. Polling was heavy in Rohroo and Jubbal and Kotkhai in Shimla district which recorded 33 and 30 per cent polling while polling was 21 per cent in Shimla town.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh, Congress candidate from Mandi Lok Sabha seat cast their vote in Rampur, former Chief Minister and BJP candidate from Kangra, Shanta kumar exercised his franchise in Palampur.
Former Chief Minister PK Dhumal and his son Anurag Thakur contesting from Hamirpur, accompanied by family members cast their vote at Samirpur while Union Commerce Minister Anand Sharma caste his vote in Shimla.
Polling was brisk in Kullu, Nalagarh, Haroli, Una and some other places in the morning but it picked up after 9 am at most of the places. The voters at Solang Nallah in Kullu have announced to boycott the polls and efforts were being made by the administration to persuade them to end their protest.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In Hamirpur district 25 per cent voters cast their votes while Mandi district also recorded 25 to 30 per cent in first four hours.
Elaborate arrangements have been made for polling and model booths have been set up in every constituency and foreign delegates also visited the model polling booth in Shimla and appreciated the voters.