A mob attacked workers of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) during Republic Day celebrations on Sunday, leaving several persons injured.
A group of people, under the banner of Hindu Krantikari Sena, allegedly attacked AAP workers when they gathered at Ram Bagh Garden to unfurl the national flag, forcing them to run away from the place.
AAP convener Ashok Talwar, who was at the spot, alleged that the unruly crowd uprooted the pole, tore national flags and thrashed workers of AAP. Talwar claimed that the protesters comprising young boys and girls were shouting against AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for speaking against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
A complaint has been lodged with the police, he said. “It was a narrow escape for all the AAP activists including women who fled from the scene otherwise they might have been killed by the angry mob,” he alleged. AAP members alleged that the attack was a pre-planned move to sabotage the Republic Day function organised by the AAP.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen