Taking charge of the Ministry of Rural Development on Tuesday, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said his government will restructure the UPA’s ambitious flagship MNREGA by linking employment with development in rural areas and added it will “rigorously” implement the new land acquisition law. He also said sanitation will be an area of priority.
“I like this scheme. It is best for villages,” the Minister said, but adding there were “problems” in its implementation.
“Proper management and disbursement of money were a problem. The MNREGA money should go to the development of villages and people should get employment. I want to link the programme with the progress of villages. Development of villages and employment will go together,” he said.
Munde, who is also the Minister for Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water and Sanitation, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s emphasis that every household be provided sanitation and drinking water will be his priority.
“Present allocation (for sanitation) is not enough. I will give a proper shape to sanitation programme. Toilets should be constructed in every rural household and public place as it is an issue involving the dignity of women,” he said. Talking about the new land acquisition act passed by the government last year, Munde said, “Now this is my responsibility, this law should be implemented.”
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn