Taking charge of the Ministry of Rural Development on Tuesday, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said his government will restructure the UPA’s ambitious flagship MNREGA by linking employment with development in rural areas and added it will “rigorously” implement the new land acquisition law. He also said sanitation will be an area of priority.
“I like this scheme. It is best for villages,” the Minister said, but adding there were “problems” in its implementation.
“Proper management and disbursement of money were a problem. The MNREGA money should go to the development of villages and people should get employment. I want to link the programme with the progress of villages. Development of villages and employment will go together,” he said.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Munde, who is also the Minister for Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water and Sanitation, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s emphasis that every household be provided sanitation and drinking water will be his priority.
“Present allocation (for sanitation) is not enough. I will give a proper shape to sanitation programme. Toilets should be constructed in every rural household and public place as it is an issue involving the dignity of women,” he said. Talking about the new land acquisition act passed by the government last year, Munde said, “Now this is my responsibility, this law should be implemented.”