Election to the lone Mizoram Rajya Sabha seat would be held on June 19, state assembly secretariat officials today said.
The tenure of the sitting Rajya Sabha member Lalhming Liana of opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) ends on July 18.
Liana was first elected in 2002 and was re-elected in 2008 during the successive MNF governments.
Notification issued by the Election Commission said the last date of filing nominations is June nine, scrutiny would be conducted on June 10 and the last date for withdrawal of nominations is June 12.
The Commission appointed Assembly Secretary Ngurthanzuala and additional secretary S R Zokhuma as returning officer and assistant returning officer respectively for the election.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016