Opposition parties in Mizoram have appealed to the Election Commission that Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) be used in all polling stations in the state in the Lok Sabha poll and the by-poll to Hrangturzo Assembly.
Mizo National Front (MNF), Mizoram Peoples Conference (MPC), Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) and BJP state unit sent a joint letter to the EC on Tuesday.
The opposition parties said 1,500 VVPATs have been brought to Mizoram which has 1,126 polling stations and so the number of VVPATs available were sufficient to be used in all the polling stations, the letter which was made available to the press on Thursday said.
Though the EC is yet to make any formal announcement on the use of VVPAT system in Mizoram, preparations are being made for its use mainly in the urban areas.
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), which manufactured the EVMs and VVPATs to be used in the coming polls in the state, have deployed 26 engineers till date, state election department officials said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review