Condemning the sacking of Mizoram Governor Kamla Beniwal, Rajasthan Congress on Thursday said her removal is “unconstitutional” and has been done due to “political vendetta”.
In a statement issued here, Rajasthan PCC president Sachin Pilot said Beniwal has a special image in Indian politics as a former Cabinet minister and Deputy Chief Minister with the previous Congress government in the state.
Her (Beniwal) credentials paved the way for her Governorship of Gujarat during the UPA government, Pilot said.
It was she who had filled the post of Lokpal in Gujarat, he said, adding that her political and public life has always been unblemished.
“Due to political vendetta and baseless allegations, she was removed from her post of Mizoram Governor,” he said, adding that her term would have been over after a few more months.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Her removal is unconstitutional. It is also a violation of the Supreme Court’s direction and it is illegal too,” Pilot said, adding that it will encourage enmity in Indian politics.
Beniwal, who had a running battle with Narendra Modi when he was the Gujarat Chief Minister, was sacked last night as Governor of Mizoram just two months before her tenure comes to an end.