Senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela, Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadiya and others will address a rally on Saturday before the party’s candidate from Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, Madhusudhan Mistry, files his nomination.
Mistry, a Rajya Sabha MP and AICC general secretary who is considered to be close to Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, would be facing BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
A party source said in the past Lok Sabha elections, top leaders of state Congress rarely came together at such local events.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A procession would be taken out from city Congress’s office to the office of district collector and electoral officer Vinod Rao.
Modi, meanwhile, would file his nomination from Vadodara on April 9, the last day of filing. The election to all the LS seats in Gujarat would be held on April 30.