Senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela, Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadiya and others will address a rally on Saturday before the party’s candidate from Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, Madhusudhan Mistry, files his nomination.
Mistry, a Rajya Sabha MP and AICC general secretary who is considered to be close to Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, would be facing BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
A party source said in the past Lok Sabha elections, top leaders of state Congress rarely came together at such local events.
A procession would be taken out from city Congress’s office to the office of district collector and electoral officer Vinod Rao.
Modi, meanwhile, would file his nomination from Vadodara on April 9, the last day of filing. The election to all the LS seats in Gujarat would be held on April 30.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More