The Ministry of Home Affairs is planning to engage central police force personnel to provide security to RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat who faces threat from terror outfits, a senior official said. Bhagwat already enjoys Z-plus security by the Maharashtra Police and the State Reserve Police. The MHA is keen to provide a mobile security cover to Bhagwat and has sought a report from the CISF.
“While he is in Maharashtra, the state police take care of his security. A central police force is of added advantage as they have a presence across the country and there are not multiple protocol officers involved,” said the official.
He added that the Lok Sabha polls will see a change in security status of many politicians and VIP protectees.
In June last year, the Intelligence Bureau had put on alert security agencies that a Pakistan-based module had been activated to carry out attacks on Hindu leaders, including Bhagwat. The warning was issued ahead of Bhagwat’s tour of various cities, including Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur and Salemabad.
The RSS headquarters in Nagpur already has a tight security cordon after three alleged LeT terrorists were gunned down in front of it in 2006.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review