BJP on Wednesday slammed Pakistan for attacking Narendra Modi and asked it to “mend” its ways, saying the “manner” in which they have been functioning with India “will not work”.
The opposition party, which is projected to be ahead in the possibility of forming the next government, said Pakistan should not interfere in India’s internal affairs after its Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan’s strong comments against Modi over Dawood Ibrahim issue.
BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said Modi had never talked about attacking Pakistan and was instead questioning Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde’s attitude of making public the governments efforts to bring back Dawood Ibrahim.
The Pakistani Minister had claimed that Modi, if elected as India’s Prime Minister, would “destabilise” regional peace.
“We will tell Islamabad to mend their ways, the manner in which they have been functioning and trying to work with India. She said the Pakistani Minister had chosen to react to a statement of Modi which was critical of Indian Home Minister.
India did not interfere in electoral politics or internal affairs of other countries and expected the same from them, she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“What I do not understand is, this person, Choudhary Nisar Ali Khan, who is the Interior Minister, is he admitting the presence of Dawood Ibrahim in Pakistan?
“When a person of the opposition party and the incumbent Prime Minister is making some remarks about the internal working of the country, how is Pakistan affected with that,” Lekhi said.
Khan said those who are giving statements that Pakistan is sheltering Dawood and launching operation on Pakistan soil “should realise that neither Pakistan is a weak country to be afraid of such threats, nor Pakistani nation can be impressed with such irresponsible statements.”