BJP is leading in 17 seats while Lalu Prasad’s RJD is leading in 5 seats in the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar. LJP and JD(U) were leading in 2 seats each while Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP), an ally of BJP, in one seat.
In the high-profile Saran seat, Lalu Prasad’s wife Rabri Devi is trailing Rajiv Pratap Rudy of BJP by 1650 votes. BJP’s actor-politician nominee Shatrughan Sinha and RJD’s Misa Bharti are ahead of their opponents, Election Commission sources said.
In the Sasaram (SC) seat, Meira Kumar is trailing behind her BJP nominee Chhedi Paswan by 6239 votes after the second round of counting, the sources. In Patliputra seat, Lalu Prasad’s daughter Misa Bharti is ahead of her uncle and BJP nominee Ramkripal Yadav by 2800 votes.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In the Patna Sahib seat, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha is ahead of his nearest Congress rival and Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh by 665 votes. In Bhagalpur, BJP’s Shahnawaz Hussain is behind RJD’s Shailesh Kumar alias Bullo Mandal by 3000 votes.
In Purnia, JD(U)’s Santosh Kushwaha is ahead of his BJP rival Udai Singh by 2000 votes. In minority-dominated Kisanganj, Congress Maulana Asrarul Haque is ahead of his BJP competitor Dilip Jaiswal by 2618 votes.
In Darbhanga, RJD’S M A A Fatmi is ahead of his BJP rival Kirti Azad by 450 votes. In Jamui (SC) seat, Ramvilas Paswan’s son Chirag Paswan is ahead of his nearest JD(U) rival and Bihar Assembly Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary by 3248 votes.
Buxar is throwing a surprise with BSP’s Dadan Singh ahead of his nearest BJP rival Ashwani Choubey by 328 votes.