- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Meanwhile in Delhi, BJP works on radio spots in Punjabi to help Jaitley
No. 1, Lodhi Estate in New Delhi is the official bungalow allotted to Shripad Yasso Naik, BJP MP from North Goa. But this election, it is also home to a war room of sorts — AC porta cabins with the latest in technology, where more than 50 people work 24×7.
It is here that the BJP monitors sound bites, TV advertisements and time slots, prime or otherwise, for poll content. Working quietly, these men are led, among others, by Ajay Singh, former SpiceJet director and OSD to Pramod Mahajan when he was a Union minister.
They are finalising radio ads in Punjabi because Arun Jaitley, who is the party candidate from Amritsar, “needs to connect” with voters.
“Jaitley has been giving sound bites in Punjabi to TV channels. He needs to connect with people of the constituency.
We think radio remains a good way to reach people. We need radio spots in Punjabi to strengthen his campaign,” one of the men working there said.