BSP chief Mayawati will visit Katra Shadat Ganj village of Badaun district on Sunday to meet the family of two Dalit girls who were allegedly raped and murdered on May 27.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister on Friday sought a CBI probe into the incident and called for imposing President’s rule in the state.
“Mayawati will reach Badaun on Sunday in the afternoon to meet family members of the Dailt girls,” a party leader said.
She went through a report of party General Secretary Swami Prasad Maurya, who had visited Badaun on Friday. Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was in the village today and demanded a CBI probe, saying UP police cannot give them justice and the culprits should know that they cannot get away with such a heinous crime.
The two girls– aged 14 and 15– went missing from their house on the night of May 27. Their bodies were found hanging from a mango tree in the village in Ushait area the next morning.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016