Lashing out at Narendra Modi’s close aide Amit Shah for his controversial remarks against Azamgarh, BSP supremo Mayawati today said Gujarat can be termed as a “base of communalism” by the same parameter and demanded that the Election Commission ban his entry in Uttar Pradesh.
Mayawati said that if Shah’s parameter was considered to be right, there was nothing wrong if Gujarat was called as the “centre of communalism”.
Flaying Shah’s statement, the BSP leader told reporters that, “Such a statement violating mode code of conduct could vitiate law and order in Azamgarh and eastern UP. Gujarat can also be termed as a base of communalism and crime. I demand EC again ban Shah in Uttar Pradesh”.
The BSP leader also demanded that the EC initiates action against SP leader Abu Asim Azmi for his “DNA remark” at a meeting recently.
“As far as Shah’s remarks are concerned I will like to say that if some persons of Azamgarh district have done anything wrong whether Hindu or Muslim, it does not mean that the people of the entire society are terrorists,” Mayawati said, while dubbing BJP candidate Ramakant Yadav as the “biggest terrorist” of Azamgarh district.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I want to say that such type of statement can disturb law and order situation in Azamgarh and eastern UP. I demand EC that should take action against Shah and a complete ban should be imposed on his entry in UP,” she said.
Shah had yesterday landed in a controversy by dubbing Azamgarh as the “base of terrorists”, drawing sharp reaction from ruling SP, which demanded that Election Commission should take cognisance immediately and act against him.