BSP supremo Mayawati on Tuesday slammed Narendra Modi for his statement vowing to cleanse Parliament from criminal elements, saying it was a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
“The people should remain alert from statements of Modi. He had yesterday said that Parliament will be free from criminal elements after he became Prime Minister. This statement is like ‘ulta chor kotwal ko daate'”, Mayawati said while talking to reporters.
“In reality, there are tainted, corrupt, criminal candidates in large numbers in Modi’s BJP. This had led to resentment within BJP. He (modi) should have introspected before making such a statement”, she said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Mayawati also alleged that BJP led NDA government had “trapped” her in Taj Corridor and disproportionate assets case and she got justice from Supreme Court.
Alleging that free and fair polls was not possible in the state in SP regime, Mayawati asked Election Commission to deploy adequate number of central forces.
“The forces should be deployed especially in Yadav dominated feudal areas”, she demanded.
On SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav contesting from two places Mainpuri and Azamgarh, Mayawati said that it was a well planned strategy to give “Hindu-muslim” colour to elections in Eastern UP.
“I want to asked Chief Election Commissioner to keep an eye on internal setting SP and BJP ad their game plan”, she added.
On inflammatory speeches by BJP leaders, Mayawati said that they were continuously giving such speeches and their top leaders have turned a blind eye towards it, which shows that they themselves had given approval to such acts.
The election commission should take stern action against such leaders, she added.