Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP’s much touted Gujarat Model is actually ‘Modi model’ under which the common man is suffering in the state and may God save the country from it.
“BJP’s chief campaigner is selling Narendra Modi model in the name of Gujarat. What is happening in Gujarat under this model? Sikhs living there since past 50 years were being forced to leave the state,” Sonia said while addressing an election rally in Malwa belt of Punjab.
“May God please save this country from this model,” she said.
She attacked the Akali Dal for joining hands with BJP and not raising its voice for the Sikhs in Gujarat.
“Akalis rather than raising voice against them (BJP) are colluding with them and they are partners in this atrocity against Sikhs in Gujarat,” said Sonia.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“In Gujarat every second five-year-old child is malnutritioned and those who get Rs 11 per day are not considered below poverty line in Modi model,” she added.
Sonia said that around 45000 acres of land in Gujarat had been given to one businessman at a cheap rate and under this model several people in the villages are still not getting potable water.
Accusing BJP of adopting an ideology in which common man will be identified not by his capabilities and skills but by his religion, language and caste, she said, the saffron party’s ideology is of “hatred, narrow mindedness and consistent hunger to achieve power” at the centre.
“Their (BJP) ideology wants to take the country on that path where nation’s entire power wrests with one person,” she said in an indirect reference to Narendra Modi.
“They will take the country to a situation where the poor, weak and farmers will beg for their rights,” she said.
However, in contrast the ideology of Congress is development of farmers, poor, weak and every citizen of the country, she said adding that Congress is for peace and communal harmony.