Defending Narendra Modi, who is under attack from Congress for shying away from acknowledging his marital status, new BJP entrant Satpal Maharaj on Saturday compared the party’s prime ministerial nominee with members of the armed forces who leave behind their wives to serve the nation.
Maharaj, a former Congress heavyweight who defected to BJP last month, in a statement said, “There is nothing wrong in what Narendra Modi has done. He had made it clear to his wife at the very outset that his life is dedicated to the service of the country.
“Those who do politics in five-star hotels and air-conditioned offices cannot understand this great emotion of sacrifice.”
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Accusing Congress of not being able to see the “sacrifice which made Modi to lead the life of a celibate despite being married to serve the nation,” Satpal said, “For whom elimination of poverty is just a slogan or a poll strategy, cannot understand these things.”
Taking a dig at political parties criticising Modi, Satpal said, “They should look within to find many in their own ranks who have two wives but never mention the first one in their affidavits to the Election Commission.”
“Modi’s political adversaries should realise that first wives of such leaders also have to live away from their husbands and fend for themselves,” he said.