- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
Maoists blow up mobile towers ahead of Narendra Modi rally in Bihar
Maoists blew up two mobile towers exploding powerful bombs in two areas of Gaya district ahead of two election rallies of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday.
About 100 Maoists gathered in the areas and blew up two mobile towers of a private company by exploding powerful bombs at Manjhauli and Dumaria Bazar villages late on Wednesday night, Superintendent of Police Nishant Tewari said.
The ultras have called a bandh in the Maoist-hit districts of south central part of the state in protest against the killing of ten of their cadres in Chatra recently.
Modi is scheduled to address two election rallies at Maoist-hit Sasaram and Gaya on Thursday afternoon.
“We have anticipated all types of threats from the Maoists and terrorists. Security arrangements are being made accordingly,” Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand had said on Wednesday.