The Election Commission’s local office has dismissed a complaint of violation of model code of conduct filed against Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar by opposition Congress.
Goa Pradesh Congress Committee had complained to the EC against Parrikar, pointing out to his post on Twitter and Facebook wherein he had informed people that the investment cum industrial policy would be announced by this month end.
The GPCC had alleged that the post violated election code of conduct. Goa chief secretary’s office, sought to explain to the ECI on behalf of the chief minister, had clarified that the announcement about the investment policy was made in the state budget which was presented on March 5.
EC Goa officials said that since there is no restriction on presenting the budget during code of conduct period, the announcement cannot be perceived as violation. “The budget was drafted much before the code of conduct came into force,” the officials said, adding that the announcement does not amount to violation of code of conduct.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review