Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice-President Rahul Gandhi will be star campaigners of the party in Odisha, where it will have to grapple with rebel candidates in the upcoming Lok Sabha and assembly polls.
AICC in-charge of Odisha B K Hariprasad today said Rahul Gandhi will visit Odisha on March 31 and Sonia will come after him.
The date for Singh’s campaign was also not specified by him. The state is going to the ballots in two phases on April 10 and April 17.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Asked about the impact of rebel candidates, Hariprasad said it will not affect the prospect of the official candidates in the state.
Congress is lagging behind ruling BJD in campaigning. BJD president and its star campaigner Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has already launched his party’s campaign from his native Ganjam district. He is campaigning in Bolangir and Kalahandi districts today.