- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Manmohan Singh’s half-brother joining BJP is a non-event; we are going to polls with intention to win: Chidambaram
Finance Minister P Chidambaram, in Vadodara, said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s step brother Daljeet Singh Kohli joining the BJP was a non-issue for the party.
Reacting to questions posed by reporters Chidambaram said that the loss has been bigger for the BJP when Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s niece Karuna Shukla quit the BJP and joined the party fold.
Chidambaram said, “The person in question, who is Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh’s brother is a non-political person and his acquaintance with the BJP is five days old. His joining the BJP is not even an event. The bigger loss is for the BJP as Former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee’s niece has joined us because she thinks that the present day BJP is not the same as the times of Vajpayee-Advani days. She feels the BJP has lost its democratic fiber and does not identify with it anymore, where as Dr. Singh’s brother is a non-political person.”