BJP leader L K Advani today launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying as his decade-long tenure draws to a close, he would have presided over the “most corrupt” government in independent India. “Dr Manmohan Singh began his tenure with a clean personal reputation. But as his decade-long tenure is coming to a close, he would leave behind him a record of having presided over the most corrupt government in independent India,” he said in his latest blog.
Attacking the Congress-led UPA government, Advani alleged that it had driven Parliament to an “all-time low”, recounting the February 13 mayhem in Lok Sabha, which saw a Congress MP using pepper spray in the House and ministers joining anti-Telangana protests in the Well.
“Most members were shocked one day to see as many as half-a-dozen ministers… totally disregarding the presence of the PM and Soniaji in the House, rushing into the Well and joining the ugly ruckus… when amidst shouting of slogans for and against division of Andhra Pradesh, parliamentary papers were being torn and thrown all around,” he said, blaming the UPA for coalition mismanagement.
He said, “The limits of unsavoury behaviour were crossed when a Congress party MP pulled out a black pepper spray and started spraying it all around so that several MPs, including Sushma Swaraj, had tears in her eyes and many others were seen coughing in acute discomfort.”
Terming the pepper spray incident as the “lowest point” of UPA-II, Advani drew a parallel with the cash-for-vote scam under UPA-I, saying whistleblowers, including three BJP MPs, were jailed instead of being rewarded for exposing it.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More