Union Minister Manish Tewari, who has been hospitalised due to a heart ailment, is unlikely to contest the Lok Sabha polls, sources said on Sunday.
The Information and Broadcasting Minister, who represents Ludhiana constituency in Lok Sabha, may not be in a position to fight elections and is learnt to have apprised the party leadership of his health condition.
The 48-year-old Tewari has not been keeping well for the past several days and had earlier gone to AIIMS for treatment. He was admitted to Max Hospital in south Delhi on Saturday.
His hospitalisation could not have come at a more inopportune time for Congress as Tewari is a vocal leader and a good orator besides being a senior party spokesman.
Congress has not announced the party candidate for Ludhiana and he was expected to be renominated from the seat. Earlier, there was a speculation that Tewari wanted to contest from Chandigarh seat from where former Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal was renominated.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Information and Broadcasting Minister had recently trashed reports that he was keen on changing his constituency, saying he was prepared to fight from Ludhiana if his party decided to field him. Party’s Central Election Committee is likely to take a decision on Punjab and Delhi soon after Holi.