1. On empowering SCs, STs
Congress: Assured education and employment for SCs, STs and OBCs, through reservation. Skill development vouchers and schools in every block. Affirmative action for SCs and STs in private sector.
BJP: A high priority for SC, ST, OBCs and other weaker sections would be to create an ecosystem for education and entrepreneurship.
2. On Goods and Services Tax
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Congress: Introduce and enact the Goods and Services Tax Bill’s and a new Direct Tax Code Bill within 1 year.
BJP: Bring on board all State governments in adopting GST, addressing all their concerns
3. On economy
Congress: Finance India’s Current Account Deficit through foreign investments – FDI, FII, ECB or any other kind of foreign inflow.
BJP: Barring the multi-brand retail sector, FDI will be allowed in sectors wherever needed for job and asset creation, infrastructure and acquisition of niche technology and specialized expertise.
4. On urbanisation
Congress: We will create 100 new urban clusters around small and emerging cities and link them with power and transport facilities.
BJP: We will initiate building 100 new cities, enabled with the latest in technology and infrastructure
5. On corruption
Congress: We are committed to better delivery of services while eliminating corruption and leakages.
BJP: We will establish a system, which eliminates the scope for corruption.
6. On education system
Congress: Our aim is to give India the best education system in the world. We will transform “Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan” to “Shreshth Shiksha Abhiyan,”
BJP: Ensure effective implementation of the Right to Education.