- Poll campaign hit crescendo; Modi, Shah, Sonia, Kejriwal at rallies
- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
Manifesto manifestations: Six points on which the Congress and BJP seem to agree
Ideally manifesto should have been released on April 1.
1. On empowering SCs, STs
Congress: Assured education and employment for SCs, STs and OBCs, through reservation. Skill development vouchers and schools in every block. Affirmative action for SCs and STs in private sector.
BJP: A high priority for SC, ST, OBCs and other weaker sections would be to create an ecosystem for education and entrepreneurship.
2. On Goods and Services Tax
Congress: Introduce and enact the Goods and Services Tax Bill’s and a new Direct Tax Code Bill within 1 year.
BJP: Bring on board all State governments in adopting GST, addressing all their concerns
3. On economy
Congress: Finance India’s Current Account Deficit through foreign investments – FDI, FII, ECB or any other kind of foreign inflow.
BJP: Barring the multi-brand retail sector, FDI will be allowed in sectors wherever needed for job and asset creation, infrastructure and acquisition of niche technology and specialized expertise.
4. On urbanisation
Congress: We will create 100 new urban clusters around small and emerging cities and link them with power and transport facilities.
BJP: We will initiate building 100 new cities, enabled with the latest in technology and infrastructure
5. On corruption
Congress: We are committed to better delivery of services while eliminating corruption and leakages.
BJP: We will establish a system, which eliminates the scope for corruption.
6. On education system
Congress: Our aim is to give India the best education system in the world. We will transform “Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan” to “Shreshth Shiksha Abhiyan,”
BJP: Ensure effective implementation of the Right to Education.