Former union minister and Congress candidate Mani Shankar Aiyar, who filed his nomination paper for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls from Mayiladuthurai constituency, has Rs 10 crore worth immovable asset.
Aiyar, a sitting Rajya Sabha member, in his affidavit has also declared movable assets worth Rs 1.68 crore owned by him and Rs 55.17 lakh by his wife. He owns a house in New Delhi worth Rs 10 crore. Aiyar an alumni of Cambridge University in UK, has obtained loans to the tune of Rs 45.26 lakh from banks and financial institutions.
He also owed Rs 1.72 lakh to Rajya Sabha towards car loan. Aiyar’s spouse Suneet Mani Aiyar, a self-employed, has 986.50 grams of gold valued at Rs 25.65 lakh and another 98 grams gold with diamond valued at Rs 4.75 lakh.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
She has investments of Rs 8.06 lakh in Kumbakonam Arts and Crafts of which she is proprietor, the affidavit said. Aiyar holds one car valued at Rs four lakh and another SUV, stated to be more than 10 year old, valued at Rs 30,000. He has investments in various entities valued at Rs 7.43 lakh while under his wife’s name at Rs 3.30 lakh.
For the period 2012-13, Aiyar has declared total income of Rs 88,91,663 while his spouse’s income was Rs 4,55,077. Currently, Aiyar has Rs 45,000 in cash, it said.