Former union minister and Congress candidate Mani Shankar Aiyar, who filed his nomination paper for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls from Mayiladuthurai constituency, has Rs 10 crore worth immovable asset.
Aiyar, a sitting Rajya Sabha member, in his affidavit has also declared movable assets worth Rs 1.68 crore owned by him and Rs 55.17 lakh by his wife. He owns a house in New Delhi worth Rs 10 crore. Aiyar an alumni of Cambridge University in UK, has obtained loans to the tune of Rs 45.26 lakh from banks and financial institutions.
He also owed Rs 1.72 lakh to Rajya Sabha towards car loan. Aiyar’s spouse Suneet Mani Aiyar, a self-employed, has 986.50 grams of gold valued at Rs 25.65 lakh and another 98 grams gold with diamond valued at Rs 4.75 lakh.
She has investments of Rs 8.06 lakh in Kumbakonam Arts and Crafts of which she is proprietor, the affidavit said. Aiyar holds one car valued at Rs four lakh and another SUV, stated to be more than 10 year old, valued at Rs 30,000. He has investments in various entities valued at Rs 7.43 lakh while under his wife’s name at Rs 3.30 lakh.
For the period 2012-13, Aiyar has declared total income of Rs 88,91,663 while his spouse’s income was Rs 4,55,077. Currently, Aiyar has Rs 45,000 in cash, it said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016