Responding to Priyanka Vadra’s remark on Varun Gandhi, Maneka Gandhi said that “the country will decide who is on the wrong path.”
On Saturday, Priyanka told Congress workers in Amethi that her cousin brother has gone “astray”.
“He (Varun Gandhi) is definitely from my family, he is my brother. But he has gone astray. When a young one in the family chooses the wrong path, then the elders show them the right path, the right way. I urge all of you to show my brother the right path,” said Priyanka.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Bharatiya Janata Party too came to Varun’s defence saying “the language used by Priyanka was inappropriate.”
Priyanka was in Amethi along with mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi, who came to file his nomination.
Varun Gandhi is BJP’s candidate from Sultanpur. He will be contesting for the seat against Amita Singh, wife of Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Singh, who had won from the seat in 2009.
Earlier in April, Varun Gandhi praised Rahul’s self-help groups and other development activities in Amethi.