Kumar Vishwas, Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) probable candidate against Rahul Gandhi in the Lok Sabha elections, escaped an egg thrown at him during a press conference in Lucknow Saturday. The youth, identified as Saif Jafri and aged about 24 years, claimed to be a member of Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade.
Around 30 minutes into the press conference, Jafri disrupted the conference, yelling “Kumar Vishwas murdabad, Kumar Viskwas murdabad, Kumar Vishwas rajneeti karne layak nahi hain, aap dharmon ka apman karte hain (Down with Kumar Vishwas, he is not worthy of politics, you (Kumar) disrespect religions).”
Jafri was also carrying a pamphlet that read “(Hazrat) Imam Hussain aur Bhagwan Shiv ka apman nahi sahenge. Kumar Vishwas murdabad. (We won’t bear disrespect to Hazrat Imam Hussain and Lord Shiva. Down with Kumar Vishwas).” Jafri was referring to allegedly objectionable comments made by Kumar during his mushairas earlier. Kumar had recently apologised for the comments. As AAP workers tried to stop the youth, he managed to hurl an egg at Kumar. However, the egg was dodged by an AAP worker.
Later, talking to television channels, Jafri claimed he belongs to Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade, which is one among Samajwadi Party’s four official frontal organisations for youth.
Five minutes after the disruption, Kumar reminded everyone that ink was thrown at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. “If all these four parties (Congress, BJP, SP, BSP) think that they can win elections by hurling eggs and ink at AAP’s press conferences, then I would have to say that they haven’t learnt their lesson from Delhi.”
Kumar then “announced” that now “we will win Amethi with more votes”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kumar had called the press conference to brief about his Sunday’s Jan Vishwas Rally in Amethi. Kumar said through the rally, the party will target corruption and nepotism. Kumar also said unless he is called by the party, he will stay in Amethi till the elections “or till his death”.
Meanwhile, when asked about Jafri’s claim of being a member of Mulayam Youth brigade, SP spokesperson and cabinet minister Rajendra Chaudhary said he was not aware of the incident, adding, “I don’t think he (Jafri) is a prominent member of the party.” He also said he doesn’t consider such protests “appropriate.”