Persistently being questioned about her party MP Tapas Paul’s speech, TMC chief and West Bengal CM, Mamata Banerjee Tuesday shot back at the media, asking if she should “kill him” as a punishment.
Mamata, however, described Paul’s speech as “derogatory” and a “big blunder”. “It is not just a mistake, it is a big blunder. We have taken steps that are needed to be taken. It is an individual utterance. What do you want? Should I kill him? What can I do?,” Mamata said. She said Paul has tendered an unconditional apology on her instruction.
“The party has already cautioned Paul. We condemn his statement,” she said, adding that the actor-MP’s speech was “derogatory”. “The party does not endorse it,” she added.
On the opposition Congress’s demand that Paul should be arrested and the CPM seeking his disqualification from the Lok Sabha, Mamata said, “The CPM, Congress and some others had in the past said so many things. The CPM had said so many things about me. I never saw you people (the media) protesting against them.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016