Accsuing West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to shield Tapas Paul, who has made controversial remarks, senior BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh said only an apology was of no use and he should be made to quit as Trinamool Congress MP.
“Two tapes of TMC MP Tapas Paul are out and Mamata Banerjee is still trying to shield him. This is the policy of Trinamool for TMC goons. Only apology is of no consequence, he should be made to quit his parliament seat,” Singh told PTI.
“West Bengal government should file a criminal case against him,” Singh said.
Banerjee had on Tuesday described Paul’s hate speech as a ‘big blunder’, but then wondered if she should ‘kill him’ for this and said whatever steps are needed to be taken have been taken.
“It is not just a mistake, it’s big blunder. We have taken whatever steps that are needed to be taken. It is an individual utterance. What do you want? Should I kill him? What can I do? Whatever I can do we can do it through our policy”, Banerjee told reporters yesterday.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Paul on Tuesday tendered unconditional apology for allegedly threatening to kill CPI-M workers and having their women raped after he was asked by an embarassed party leadership to do so and condemnded by opposition political parties as well as noted personalities.