Accsuing West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to shield Tapas Paul, who has made controversial remarks, senior BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh said only an apology was of no use and he should be made to quit as Trinamool Congress MP.
“Two tapes of TMC MP Tapas Paul are out and Mamata Banerjee is still trying to shield him. This is the policy of Trinamool for TMC goons. Only apology is of no consequence, he should be made to quit his parliament seat,” Singh told PTI.
“West Bengal government should file a criminal case against him,” Singh said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Banerjee had on Tuesday described Paul’s hate speech as a ‘big blunder’, but then wondered if she should ‘kill him’ for this and said whatever steps are needed to be taken have been taken.
“It is not just a mistake, it’s big blunder. We have taken whatever steps that are needed to be taken. It is an individual utterance. What do you want? Should I kill him? What can I do? Whatever I can do we can do it through our policy”, Banerjee told reporters yesterday.
Paul on Tuesday tendered unconditional apology for allegedly threatening to kill CPI-M workers and having their women raped after he was asked by an embarassed party leadership to do so and condemnded by opposition political parties as well as noted personalities.