- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Mamata trains guns at Pranab in his son’s constituency
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Sunday asserted her party is not in fray to play fixed matches even as she launched a scathing attack on President Pranab Mukherjee and state Congress chief Adhir Chowdhury.
Addressing a rally in Jangipur, the Lok Sabha constituency where the President’s son Abhijit is the Congress candidate, Mamata, without taking any names, said that only opening banks will not help in creating employment or lift the standard of living of people. She was referring to the inauguration of a number of banks by Pranab as the then finance minister as part of the financial inclusion programme.
“Do not vote for people who are being tried for two murders,” she said, referring to Chowdhury.
Launching an attack on the opposition parties, she said: “BJP, Congress and CPM are playing fixed matches. We are not into any such games,” she said while campaigning for Haji Nurul Islam, the TMC candidate from Jangipur.
She alleged that Congress only made false promises and that it would get a big zero. “They are responsible for price rise and corruption. Don’t give them any vote.”
“A conspiracy is on. They have a lot of anger against me,” she said without naming anyone for the last week’s fire in her hotel room at Malda. “But I don’t care about all this. I will live like a tigress as long as I live.”