Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday launched a no holds barred attack on Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi without naming him and said leaders who were born with silver spoon in mouth should not talk big.
“Leaders from Delhi are claiming they have given us crores of rupees and we never spent it. Those who never knew what poverty is, those who were born as landlords, they are talking big,” Mamata said while addressing a rally at Naxalbari in Darjeeling.
Hours earlier, Rahul Gandhi, addressing a rally at Nagrakata in Jalpaiguri district, had criticised the state government saying money sent by the Centre was not properly utilised.
“Upstart leaders from Delhi are saying a lot of funds are provided to Bengal. Do you know accounts? Did you ever do it and do you know what work is? Do you know how funds come and are spent and how they are returned?” Mamata asked. She said she does not want to take names as they were “not worth mentioning”.
Attacking the Centre for trying to “economically starve” Bengal and dwelling on interest payment for the loans taken by the earlier
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Left Front government, she said, “Those who have taken away Rs 74,000 crore towards debt repayment are talking big. They have not given us Rs 87,283 crore, which we are entitled to,” she said.