Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday launched a no holds barred attack on Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi without naming him and said leaders who were born with silver spoon in mouth should not talk big.
“Leaders from Delhi are claiming they have given us crores of rupees and we never spent it. Those who never knew what poverty is, those who were born as landlords, they are talking big,” Mamata said while addressing a rally at Naxalbari in Darjeeling.
Hours earlier, Rahul Gandhi, addressing a rally at Nagrakata in Jalpaiguri district, had criticised the state government saying money sent by the Centre was not properly utilised.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Upstart leaders from Delhi are saying a lot of funds are provided to Bengal. Do you know accounts? Did you ever do it and do you know what work is? Do you know how funds come and are spent and how they are returned?” Mamata asked. She said she does not want to take names as they were “not worth mentioning”.
Attacking the Centre for trying to “economically starve” Bengal and dwelling on interest payment for the loans taken by the earlier
Left Front government, she said, “Those who have taken away Rs 74,000 crore towards debt repayment are talking big. They have not given us Rs 87,283 crore, which we are entitled to,” she said.