Virtually cold-shouldering Opposition CPI(M)’s demand for a CBI enquiry into the Saradha chitfund scam in West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said similar probes into incidents in Singur and Nandigram had not yielded results.
“There have been so many CBI probes. If there was result then I would have thought of it. There is no justice as yet in the Tapasi Malik murder case in Singur and in the killings in Nandigram,” Banerjee said, replying to the debate on the Governor’s address in the Assembly.
Even in the Netai and Choto Angaria killings, CBI inquiries did not produce any result so far, she said.
“CPI(M) and Congress are brothers. They don’t have any escape route without CBI,” Banerjee said.
Stating that she would not allow anyone to go scot-free for wrong doing, Banerjee said Trinamool Congress councillor Sambhunath Kow accused of killing party leader Adhir Maity at Dhapa had been arrested.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mohammad Iqbal alias Munna was arrested for the killing of a sub-inspector of police at Garden Reach and was now on bail, she added.
Stating that TMC MP Kunal Ghosh was arrested in the the Saradha chit fund scam, she asked, “Did they (CPI-M) take any action against their partymen?”
“The Left government in West Bengal had enacted a law to protect small investors. But the bill didn’t get presidential assent. The bill was revised in 2009 by the Left government.
Even then the President didn’t give assent,” she said. Banerjee said her government had already given compensation of Rs 10,000 each to two lakh duped investors of Saradha and similar assistance would be given to another four lakh.
After the scandal came to light, she had announced that a Rs 500 crore corpus would be set up to indemnify duped investors.