Accusing Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi of playing into the hands of Congress and BJP, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today sought his removal from the poll panel.
Banerjee also accused him of being a tainted official with criminal cases pending against him. She also alleged that Zutshi was misleading the Election Commission.
“I am saying this as the chief of Trinamool Congress. Vinod Zutshi has to be removed from Bengal charge. In Rajasthan, there was a case against him in a land scam of 100 acres. A non-bailable warrant was issued against him. He later on took a stay from the Supreme Court,” Banerjee said.
“Why will such a person be incharge of the election process in Bengal? Why will be a tainted man like him hold a position in an impartial body like Election Commission? He is playing into the hands of BJP and Congress in order to come out clean. He is the man who mislead the EC,” she said.
“We want his expulsion from EC. He should not be sent to any state,” Banerjee said. Banerjee alleged that Zutshi was acting as a political person in order to please Congress and BJP in his effort to come clear of the cases against him.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched