- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
Accusing Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi of playing into the hands of Congress and BJP, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today sought his removal from the poll panel.
Banerjee also accused him of being a tainted official with criminal cases pending against him. She also alleged that Zutshi was misleading the Election Commission.
“I am saying this as the chief of Trinamool Congress. Vinod Zutshi has to be removed from Bengal charge. In Rajasthan, there was a case against him in a land scam of 100 acres. A non-bailable warrant was issued against him. He later on took a stay from the Supreme Court,” Banerjee said.
“Why will such a person be incharge of the election process in Bengal? Why will be a tainted man like him hold a position in an impartial body like Election Commission? He is playing into the hands of BJP and Congress in order to come out clean. He is the man who mislead the EC,” she said.
“We want his expulsion from EC. He should not be sent to any state,” Banerjee said. Banerjee alleged that Zutshi was acting as a political person in order to please Congress and BJP in his effort to come clear of the cases against him.