Accusing Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi of playing into the hands of Congress and BJP, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today sought his removal from the poll panel.
Banerjee also accused him of being a tainted official with criminal cases pending against him. She also alleged that Zutshi was misleading the Election Commission.
“I am saying this as the chief of Trinamool Congress. Vinod Zutshi has to be removed from Bengal charge. In Rajasthan, there was a case against him in a land scam of 100 acres. A non-bailable warrant was issued against him. He later on took a stay from the Supreme Court,” Banerjee said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Why will such a person be incharge of the election process in Bengal? Why will be a tainted man like him hold a position in an impartial body like Election Commission? He is playing into the hands of BJP and Congress in order to come out clean. He is the man who mislead the EC,” she said.
“We want his expulsion from EC. He should not be sent to any state,” Banerjee said. Banerjee alleged that Zutshi was acting as a political person in order to please Congress and BJP in his effort to come clear of the cases against him.