Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday relented and agreed to appoint five new officers as directed by the Election Commission, moving away from a path of confrontation as the poll panel put its foot down.
“I will appoint the five officers as directed by the Election Commission. I have no objection,” Banerjee said at a hurriedly-called press conference here. “It will rather be good for me, I have good contact with all the officers in my state,” Banerjee said.
Banerjee agreed to transfer SPs of four districts and a district magistrate as directed by the commission following complaints against them, though she had launched a scathing attack on the EC yesterday and had even threatened to disobey the order and get jailed as consequence.
She, however, continued with her criticism of the Election Commission over the decision, saying, “I respect the Election Commission, but they are playing a political game. It is their political vendetta.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016