Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday relented and agreed to appoint five new officers as directed by the Election Commission, moving away from a path of confrontation as the poll panel put its foot down.
“I will appoint the five officers as directed by the Election Commission. I have no objection,” Banerjee said at a hurriedly-called press conference here. “It will rather be good for me, I have good contact with all the officers in my state,” Banerjee said.
Banerjee agreed to transfer SPs of four districts and a district magistrate as directed by the commission following complaints against them, though she had launched a scathing attack on the EC yesterday and had even threatened to disobey the order and get jailed as consequence.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
She, however, continued with her criticism of the Election Commission over the decision, saying, “I respect the Election Commission, but they are playing a political game. It is their political vendetta.”