“Didi’s Poribortan is not for good governance or development. It is for anarchy, booth capturing and encouragement to illegal infiltration,” BJP leader Arun Jaitley said in the Campaign Diary.
Mamata rode to power trouncing Left Front’s 34-year rule promising Poribartan in the state.
“Conventional wisdom would suggest that Mamata Banerjee’s and her party’s traditional rival in West Bengal are the Left parties. The Congress party would occupy the third spot with the BJP being an also-ran. Why then is the BJP the principal target of Didi’s attack?” he asked.
“Every day she crosses the laxman rekha and uses the choicest adjectives against Narendra Modi,” Jaitley wrote in his blog.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
There were war of words between Mamata and Modi after the latter said in Asansol that Bangladeshi infiltrators who were allowed into the country for votebank politics would be sent back, while refugees who were thrown out of Bangladesh on religious grounds would be greeted with open arms.
Mamata retaliated at the BJP prime ministerial nominee using harsh language and threatened to have him sent back “packing from airport”.
Calling “Mamata Didi” as an “intelligent politician”, Jaitley claimed that middle class (bhadralok) voters in the state has deserted her because of lack of development and now wants Modi as PM.
Jaitley said besides the traditional Trinamool supporters, “the goons” have moved from the Left to her side and thirdly she has support of the illegal infiltrators from Bangladesh.
“For this cause she has to justify infiltration and abuse Modi. The more she does that, the more she alienates herself from a significant section which put her in power. How long can Didi rely on the illegally imported vote? Even if she manages to retain a large number of seats this time, warning signals for the assembly elections are beginning to be heard.”