Mamata Banerjee and Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday sparred over the Saradha chit fund scam with the Chief Minister seeking to question the source of CPI(M) funds and her predecessor demanding a CBI probe ino the scam that defrauded lakhs.
Hitting out at Bhattacharjee for the Saradha Group setting up business during his regime, the Chief Minister said, “It was during your tenure in 2006. Shall I tell the names? As if you know nothing?
“The mother of thieves speaks in the loudest voice and empty vessels sound much. Where did thousands of crores of rupees come into CPI(M)’s coffers?” she asked.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
“With whose bank account did the finance minister of the Left Front government run his election campaign?” the Trinamool Congress chief asked at an election meeting in Hooghly district.
“See who has committed the theft and who is being blamed for it? …You will only see stars if try to find fault with the Trinamool Congress,” Banerjee said.
Without referring to the opposition demand for a probe by the CBI, she said it was her government which took action by arresting the accused of the scam, formed a judicial commission and returned money to the defrauded investors.
Denying the Chief Minister’s allegations, Bhattacharjee told a meet the press in Kolkata, “Everything will become clear if she agrees to a CBI enquiry today… who took the money?
“We have nothing to hide. Those who have something to hide are giving these excuses,” he said.
“So what if Saradha started operation during our time? Does that make us culprits? A lot of things started during the Left regime and lot of things ended too,” Bhattacharjee said.