“Modi for PM fund is illegal. PM and CM can only have Relief Fund. How can a political party collect fund for PM?” Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress supremo asked at an election meeting here in North 24 Parganas.
“We will write to the EC against the ‘Modi for PM fund’,” she said waving a paper.
“Now I am even hearing they are protesting against the EC in Varanasi. This is unheard of,” she said.
Alleging that BJP was spending a huge amount of money in the elections and that 90 per cent of the media had been bought she asked “Who is giving this money?
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“This has never happened before in democracy. Today it has become a black day for the nation and this election will become a black election for them.”
In an apparent reference to 2002 Gujarat riots, she said “See the enormity of the riots in Gujarat when little children and the women were burnt alive… If they come to power, they will sell the nation and incite riots.
“People of all faiths caste, creed live together in peace in Bengal. This makes ‘Dangababu’ (Mr riot) very jealous and angry,” she said without naming the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate.
She also alleged that Modi was trying to drive a wedge between Bengalis and asked “Who is the latsaheb? Have you seen the latsaheb?”
Alleging that Muslims and women feared Modi, Banerjee said “Tyag ka naam hai Hindu, Iman ka naam hai Mussalman. Pyar ka naam hai Isai. Yeh hai hamara pyara Hindustan.”
“Do we have to learn about Hinduism from BJP? Don’t we worship Durga, Kali, Hanuman?” she asked. She accused BJP of playing politics of religion.
“We do not play politics of religion. The CPI(M) started this kind of politics. BJP is continuing their tradition,” she alleged.
She said that those who wanted to destroy the communal harmony of Bengal should be defeated in the elections. “One who does not believe in secularism can never become a PM.”
“Why can’t they counter us on policy and development issues? Why are they playing divisive politics. Let there be fight on the issue of political stability and economic stability,” she said.
She also reiterated her claim that she would have prevented Modi from coming to Kolkata, but did not do so. “Had I wanted, it would have taken only a day or a minute… this is because you have the democratic right, come and say what you have to say and leave.
“The more Modi visits Kolkata, the more votes will the Trinamool get,” she added. “