“Modi for PM fund is illegal. PM and CM can only have Relief Fund. How can a political party collect fund for PM?” Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress supremo asked at an election meeting here in North 24 Parganas.
“We will write to the EC against the ‘Modi for PM fund’,” she said waving a paper.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Now I am even hearing they are protesting against the EC in Varanasi. This is unheard of,” she said.
Alleging that BJP was spending a huge amount of money in the elections and that 90 per cent of the media had been bought she asked “Who is giving this money?
“This has never happened before in democracy. Today it has become a black day for the nation and this election will become a black election for them.”
In an apparent reference to 2002 Gujarat riots, she said “See the enormity of the riots in Gujarat when little children and the women were burnt alive… If they come to power, they will sell the nation and incite riots.
“People of all faiths caste, creed live together in peace in Bengal. This makes ‘Dangababu’ (Mr riot) very jealous and angry,” she said without naming the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate.
She also alleged that Modi was trying to drive a wedge between Bengalis and asked “Who is the latsaheb? Have you seen the latsaheb?”
Alleging that Muslims and women feared Modi, Banerjee said “Tyag ka naam hai Hindu, Iman ka naam hai Mussalman. Pyar ka naam hai Isai. Yeh hai hamara pyara Hindustan.”
“Do we have to learn about Hinduism from BJP? Don’t we worship Durga, Kali, Hanuman?” she asked. She accused BJP of playing politics of religion.
“We do not play politics of religion. The CPI(M) started this kind of politics. BJP is continuing their tradition,” she alleged.
She said that those who wanted to destroy the communal harmony of Bengal should be defeated in the elections. “One who does not believe in secularism can never become a PM.”
“Why can’t they counter us on policy and development issues? Why are they playing divisive politics. Let there be fight on the issue of political stability and economic stability,” she said.
She also reiterated her claim that she would have prevented Modi from coming to Kolkata, but did not do so. “Had I wanted, it would have taken only a day or a minute… this is because you have the democratic right, come and say what you have to say and leave.
“The more Modi visits Kolkata, the more votes will the Trinamool get,” she added. “