Punjab’s Revenue and Public Relations Minister Bikram Singh Majithia on Tuesday filed a defamation suit against Aam Aadmi Party national spokesperson Sanjay Singh in the Ludhiana court of judicial magistrate Bikramjit Singh.
Majithia claimed that he was defamed by Sanjay who called him a “drug trader”, and said “when AAP will come to power, it will put corrupt Majithia in jail.”
Speaking to The Indian Express, Majithia said that “not he but Sanjay Singh will now be in the jail.”
- Punjab Revenue Minister dares CM Kejriwal to daily hearing on defamation case
- Arvind Kejriwal slams Majithia, vows to create a 'new Punjab'
- Punjab: AAP produces ‘ED papers’ to show Majithia’s links in multi-crore drug racket
- Majithia moves Ludhiana court to cancel Sanjay Singh’s bail
- AAP’s Sanjay Singh gets bail in defamation case
- I dare Bikram Singh Majithia to put me behind bars: Sanjay Singh
“Using my fundamental right, I will ensure that this AAP leader who has come from Uttar Pradesh is unable to go back to UP. He will go to jail now. On what basis he called me a drug trader? What their leader and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal is doing on national level, these people are doing it in Punjab. They throw mud on everyone and then walk away as if nothing. But now, it is my responsibility to ensure that this parachute guy, who has landed from UP, next lands in jail after legal process,” said Majithia to IE.
Majithia said that his lawyer Bir Singh Sobti will be producing the newspaper clippings of December 28 when these remarks were made by Sanjay Singh during Jor Mela political conference at Fatehgarh Sahib.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Asked only why he is being targeted on drugs issue, Majitha said, “It is bankruptcy of their thought process. In Jagdish Bhola drug case, my name has been cleared by the court. All investigations have proved I am not guilty. Who is Sanjay Singh to defame me then?”
Sanjay Singh, meanwhile, said that ‘Majithia should stop diluting issue with UP-Punjab divide.
“Google Majithia and it says drug trader, the only who is protecting drug business in Punjab. Not once but I will say it 1,000 times that he is the kingpin of the mafia operating in Punjab. Its none of his business if I come from UP or wherever. It is a cheap tact to kill the issue. He cannot suppress our voice with a defamation suit. We are not scared. He is the same guy who used abusive language in Vidhan Sabha and now he is alleging defamation,” Sanjay said.
A criminal suit has been filed under sections 499 and 500 of IPC and the case is scheduled for next hearing on January 15.