Congress leaders in Madhya Pradesh have demanded Z-category security for Jashodaben, the wife of BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, on the ground that she could be a “soft target” for terrorists.
State Congress spokespersons Abhay Dube and Ravi Saxena wrote a letter to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, making the demand two days ago after Modi’s disclosure about his marital status for the first time in his election affidavit.
The letter said the news that Jashodaben had gone on a pilgrimage “leads to suspicion”. If Modi was on the hit list of terrorists, Jashodaben could prove to be a soft target for them, it said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free