Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda’s residence was searched by a team of Income Tax officials in West Singhbhum district head-quarters town of Chaibasa on Wednesday.
“Acting on specific information, we informed the Income Tax department, whose officials came and searched his house,” Expenditure Observer of the Election Commission of India Anil Chavre told reporters here.
Asked whether they found anything incriminatory during the search, Chavre, said only Income Tax department could say about it.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
No official of the IT was ready to speak to the media.
Chavre and another Expenditure Observer Niraj Soy were also there while the IT officials searched the house. Some members of the search team also frisked passers-by and supporters of Koda living in the building.
Reacting sharply, the former chief minister said, “again it is a conspiracy from my opponents. I will register a complaint with the Election Commission of India against the action, which amount to defamation.”
Koda’s premises had also been searched a month before the 2009 general elections by the Income Tax department. Koda was in jail for more than three years in connection with money laundering and other cases.
Koda has this time fielded his MLA wife Gita, from the Singhbhum Lok Sabha constituency going to polls on April 17.