BJP’s candidates list
Former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, ex-Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Shanta Kumar, party’s deputy leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde and Yuva Morcha chief Anurag Thakur are among the 54 names in BJP’s first list of candidates released tonight for Lok Sabha polls.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The party has nominated two Muslim candidates in Jammu and Kashmir–Gulam Mohammad Mir in Baramulla and Mushtaq Ahmad Malik Nurabadi in Anantnag constituencies. The list released after a meeting of the party’s Central Election Committee, covers eight states and includes six Scs and six STs, four minorities and two women.
While Gadkari will contest for Nagpur Lok Sabha seat, Munde will be in fray in his Beed seat in Maharashtra and in Himachal Pradesh Shanta Kumar will be trying his luck from Kangra and Thakur in Hamirpur.
The party’s Central Election Committee finalised the list after two hours of deliberations at the BJP headquarters where top leaders like Narendra Modi, L K Advani, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Murli Manohar Joshi and M Venkaiah Naidu were present.
The list also includes well-known magician P C Sorcar (Jr) who will contest from Barasat in West Bengal, former union minister Tapan Sikdar to be fielded from Dum Dum seat in West Bengal, former union minister Jual Oram from Sundargarh (ST) in Odisha and film actor George Baker from Howrah in West Bengal.
Of the 54 candidates finalised today, 17 each are in Maharashtra and West Bengal, six in Odisha, five in Jammu and Kashmir, three in Himachal Pradesh and two each in Goa, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh.
AAP”s candidates list
The Aam Aadmi Party on Thursday released its second list of 30 candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, Rajmohan, who had joined the party last week will be contesting from East Delhi.
The 78-year-old Gandhi, who had contested against former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi from Amethi, had earlier expressed his willingness to contest on a party ticket.
Noted RTI activist of Jammu and Kashmir, Raza Muzaffar Bhatt too will fight elections from Sringar, represented by Farooq Abdullah.
AAP has given ticket to Bhagwat Singh, who will be fielded from Vidhisha, the Lok Sabha seat of Sushma Swaraj.
First list of AAP had names of noted poet Kumar Vishwas, social activist Medha Patkar, TV journalist-turned-politician Ashutosh, former scribe Mukul Tripathi, Advocate H S Phoolka, activist Hardev Singh, former CEO and Chairperson of RBS India Meera Sanyal, activist Anjali Damania and peasant leader Somendra Dhaka.
NCP’s candidates list
Union minister Praful Patel and Maharashtra minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is NCP’s OBC face, are among 18 candidates announced by the party today for Lok Sabha polls in Maharashtra.
Anand Paranjape, who is the sitting member of Shiv Sena from Kalyan-Dombivali, is now the NCP nominee from the seat while the party has fielded former Deputy Chief Minister Vijaysinh Mohite Patil from Madha.
The Madha seat was represented by party supremo Sharad Pawar in the outgoing Lok Sabha. Pawar has now become a member of Rajya Sabha.
Bhujbal has been nominated from Nashik replacing his nephew Samir Bhujbal. Pawar had indicated that some Maharashtra ministers will be asked to contest the Lok Sabha polls.
Pawar’s daughter Supriya Sule has been renominated from his pocketborough of Baramati, Praful Patel from Bhandara- Gondia, Sanjeev Naik from Thane, Sanjay Dina Patil from Mumbai Northeast, Padamsing Patil from Usmanabad and Udayanraje Bhosale from Satara. Manish Jain, son of party’s Rajya Sabha member Ishwarchand Jain, has been made a nominee from Raver while Dhananjay Mahadik will fight the polls from Kolhapur, Navneet Rana from Amravati, Bharti Pravin Pawar from Dindori, Rajiv Rajale from Ahmednagar, Krishnarao Ingle from Buldhana, Devdatta Nikam from Shirur and Vijay Bhamle from Parabhani.