BJP’s candidates list
Former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, ex-Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Shanta Kumar, party’s deputy leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde and Yuva Morcha chief Anurag Thakur are among the 54 names in BJP’s first list of candidates released tonight for Lok Sabha polls.
The party has nominated two Muslim candidates in Jammu and Kashmir–Gulam Mohammad Mir in Baramulla and Mushtaq Ahmad Malik Nurabadi in Anantnag constituencies. The list released after a meeting of the party’s Central Election Committee, covers eight states and includes six Scs and six STs, four minorities and two women.
While Gadkari will contest for Nagpur Lok Sabha seat, Munde will be in fray in his Beed seat in Maharashtra and in Himachal Pradesh Shanta Kumar will be trying his luck from Kangra and Thakur in Hamirpur.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The party’s Central Election Committee finalised the list after two hours of deliberations at the BJP headquarters where top leaders like Narendra Modi, L K Advani, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Murli Manohar Joshi and M Venkaiah Naidu were present.
The list also includes well-known magician P C Sorcar (Jr) who will contest from Barasat in West Bengal, former union minister Tapan Sikdar to be fielded from Dum Dum seat in West Bengal, former union minister Jual Oram from Sundargarh (ST) in Odisha and film actor George Baker from Howrah in West Bengal.
Of the 54 candidates finalised today, 17 each are in Maharashtra and West Bengal, six in Odisha, five in Jammu and Kashmir, three in Himachal Pradesh and two each in Goa, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh.
AAP”s candidates list
The Aam Aadmi Party on Thursday released its second list of 30 candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, Rajmohan, who had joined the party last week will be contesting from East Delhi.
The 78-year-old Gandhi, who had contested against former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi from Amethi, had earlier expressed his willingness to contest on a party ticket.
Noted RTI activist of Jammu and Kashmir, Raza Muzaffar Bhatt too will fight elections from Sringar, represented by Farooq Abdullah.
AAP has given ticket to Bhagwat Singh, who will be fielded from Vidhisha, the Lok Sabha seat of Sushma Swaraj.
First list of AAP had names of noted poet Kumar Vishwas, social activist Medha Patkar, TV journalist-turned-politician Ashutosh, former scribe Mukul Tripathi, Advocate H S Phoolka, activist Hardev Singh, former CEO and Chairperson of RBS India Meera Sanyal, activist Anjali Damania and peasant leader Somendra Dhaka.
NCP’s candidates list
Union minister Praful Patel and Maharashtra minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is NCP’s OBC face, are among 18 candidates announced by the party today for Lok Sabha polls in Maharashtra.
Anand Paranjape, who is the sitting member of Shiv Sena from Kalyan-Dombivali, is now the NCP nominee from the seat while the party has fielded former Deputy Chief Minister Vijaysinh Mohite Patil from Madha.
The Madha seat was represented by party supremo Sharad Pawar in the outgoing Lok Sabha. Pawar has now become a member of Rajya Sabha.
Bhujbal has been nominated from Nashik replacing his nephew Samir Bhujbal. Pawar had indicated that some Maharashtra ministers will be asked to contest the Lok Sabha polls.
Pawar’s daughter Supriya Sule has been renominated from his pocketborough of Baramati, Praful Patel from Bhandara- Gondia, Sanjeev Naik from Thane, Sanjay Dina Patil from Mumbai Northeast, Padamsing Patil from Usmanabad and Udayanraje Bhosale from Satara. Manish Jain, son of party’s Rajya Sabha member Ishwarchand Jain, has been made a nominee from Raver while Dhananjay Mahadik will fight the polls from Kolhapur, Navneet Rana from Amravati, Bharti Pravin Pawar from Dindori, Rajiv Rajale from Ahmednagar, Krishnarao Ingle from Buldhana, Devdatta Nikam from Shirur and Vijay Bhamle from Parabhani.