Congress leaders Arvinder Singh Lovely and Haroon Yusuf questioned Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s intentions and seriousness after the Jan Lokpal Bill was placed fifth on the agenda of the Delhi Assembly on Friday.
Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely began proceedings by hitting out at the AAP. “How is it that the Jan Lokpal Bill, which was at the top of the list till yesterday, has suddenly dropped today on the agenda list? Is this how serious they are about the Jan Lokpal Bill? So many of us have not yet received a copy of the Bill.”
Both Lovely and Yusuf maintained that they were open to the Jan Lokpal Bill or any other step taken by the AAP government to tackle corruption. They said they had a problem with the way the Bill was introduced in the House.
“The Congress has always spoken out against corruption. When the Bill was brought to Parliament, Soniaji and Rahulji created a consensus and placed the bill before the Parliament to have it passed. But here, the spirit of the Constitution is not being respected,” Yusuf said.
Yusuf, the Congress Legislature Party, said, “Today the Jan Lokpal Bill has been placed at the end of the session. Is this their level of seriousness?” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Referring to the AAP government’s 50 per cent waiver in power bills to those who took part in the Bijli Paani Andolan, Yusuf said, “As far as the Appropriations Bill is concerned, 24,000 people are receiving one year of riyaayat for being associated with the movement. What law is this based on? Are you colluding with the Ambanis and BSES companies?” he said.