The Uttar Pradesh unit of BJP has decided to include the issues of ‘love jihad’ and conversion of Hindus on the agenda for its two-day state executive committee meet, which begins in Mathura on Saturday. The decision came days after RSS wing Dharma Jagran Manch launched a campaign against ‘love jihad’, which refers to Hindu girls being allegedly converted to Islam for marriage, in the state.
BJP national president Amit Shah will inaugurate the state executive meeting in which all state and national leaders from Uttar Pradesh will participate and draft the party’s action plan for the 2017 Assembly elections.
“Issues of ‘love jihad’ and conversion of Hindus would be raised during discussions over law and order situation in the state and the party will also draft its future action plan to fight against these issues,” said state party president Laxmikant Bajpai.
Bajpai said that recent incidents of communal tension in Saharanpur, Moradabad, Meerut and Ambedkar Nagar would also be discussed.
“Love jihad had so far been on the agenda of RSS only. The BJP has now started raising voice against it after coming to power at the Centre,” said another BJP leader.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
During a workers’ convention held in the presence of Shah recently, the BJP state president had raised an incident in Faizabad where a Hindu girl was allegedly murdered by a Muslim youth. Local BJP leaders of Faizabad suspected it to be a case of ‘love jihad’. Shah had blamed “vote bank politics” and “appeasement policy” of the Samajwadi Party government for the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
The Dharma Jagran Manch of RSS on Raksha Bandhan festival had started a seven-day campaign, appealing to Hindus for support in curbing ‘love jihad’ and requesting Hindu girls not to “fall prey” to such youths who lure them to get converted.