The Uttar Pradesh unit of BJP has decided to include the issues of ‘love jihad’ and conversion of Hindus on the agenda for its two-day state executive committee meet, which begins in Mathura on Saturday. The decision came days after RSS wing Dharma Jagran Manch launched a campaign against ‘love jihad’, which refers to Hindu girls being allegedly converted to Islam for marriage, in the state.
BJP national president Amit Shah will inaugurate the state executive meeting in which all state and national leaders from Uttar Pradesh will participate and draft the party’s action plan for the 2017 Assembly elections.
“Issues of ‘love jihad’ and conversion of Hindus would be raised during discussions over law and order situation in the state and the party will also draft its future action plan to fight against these issues,” said state party president Laxmikant Bajpai.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Bajpai said that recent incidents of communal tension in Saharanpur, Moradabad, Meerut and Ambedkar Nagar would also be discussed.
“Love jihad had so far been on the agenda of RSS only. The BJP has now started raising voice against it after coming to power at the Centre,” said another BJP leader.
During a workers’ convention held in the presence of Shah recently, the BJP state president had raised an incident in Faizabad where a Hindu girl was allegedly murdered by a Muslim youth. Local BJP leaders of Faizabad suspected it to be a case of ‘love jihad’. Shah had blamed “vote bank politics” and “appeasement policy” of the Samajwadi Party government for the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
The Dharma Jagran Manch of RSS on Raksha Bandhan festival had started a seven-day campaign, appealing to Hindus for support in curbing ‘love jihad’ and requesting Hindu girls not to “fall prey” to such youths who lure them to get converted.