The enactment of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act will help Central Vigilance Commission work in an independent and assertive manner, the government said on Wednesday.
The CVC has been given a statutory status by the enactment of the CVC Act, 2003 on account of which it can function in an independent and objective manner, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
“With the recent amendments carried out in the CVC Act, 2003, through the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, and the powers and functions already available with the Commission, the CVC is in a position to function in an independent and assertive manner for tackling corruption cases,” said Singh.
The CVC also has been bestowed with the powers of superintendence over the CBI in so far as it relates to investigation of offences alleged to have been committed under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, to ensure greater objectivity and accountability in its functioning, he said.
In addition, amendments to Section 8 of the CVC Act, 2003 were made recently through the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 (1 of 2014) by inserting new sections 8A and 8B empowering the Commission to enquire into references made by the Lokpal in respect of members of Group ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’ services of the central government and such level of officials or staff of the corporations, companies, societies and local authorities owned by the central government, the Minister said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest