Gearing up to receive newly-elected Members, Lok Sabha secretariat has virtually rolled out the red carpet for them.
Extensive arrangement to render all possible assistance to the newly-elected MPs has been made, Lok Sabha , Secretary General P Sreedharan told reporters on Thursday.
He said that elaborate arrangements have been made so that they (MPs) do not face any inconvenience after their arrival in the capital.
Six guide posts have been set up at IGI airport and at New Delhi, Old Delhi and Nizamuddin railway stations to help MPs.
Guide posts will be operational from May 16 to 21 and these will also function during the initial three days of the first session of the 16th Lok Sabha, Sreedharan said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
As far as accommodation is concerned, arrangements have been made for new members to stay in their respective guest houses and state/UT Bhawan and also at Hotel Ashoka.
Directorate of Estate and House Committee after its constitution will take care of MPs’ need for accommodation on permanent basis, he said.
Outgoing MPs are expected to vacate their houses and flats for the newly-elected members.
Those who do not get re-elected, can retain their houses for a month, but after that they will have to vacate,
On the appointment of pro-tem Speaker, he said this is the responsibility of Parliamentary Affairs Ministry. They have the criteria to select from senior MPs.
Pro-tem speaker has to be appointed after government takes a decision on the schedule of the House, Sreedharan said.
Asked about the tentative date of convening Lok Sabha session, Sreedharan said it will be decided by the government.
The 16th Lok Sabha has to be convened before May 31 because the 15th Lok Sabha was convened on June 1, 2009, and its five-year tenure would end on May 31, 2014.
So the swearing in of the new government and the convening of the new Lok Sabha must happen before that, a senior Lok Sabha secretariat official said.
The Lok Sabha Secretariat is also making preparations for hosting an orientation programme for five-day for the newly-elected members.
Arrangements like the allotment of transit arrangement, issue of temporary identity card, filling up of forms for specimen signature, choice of language for taking oath are being made at Parliament House.