The 16th general elections has sprung a few surprises despite it being a straight contest between the BJP and the rest.
* NOTA has polled more votes than 21 political parties in this Lok Sabha elections. Over 60 lakh voters rejected candidates fielded by various political parties and chose ‘none of the above’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
* Another surprise was that the Bahujan Samajwadi Party has a 4.1% vote share among parties, third only to BJP and Congress, and didn’t win a single Lok Sabha seat out of the 80 seats it contested in Uttar Pradesh.
* And Jayalalithaa’s AIADMK has won 37 seats despite polling less number of votes than the Samajwadi Party. SP won just 5.
* The BJP has crushed its opposition and won all the seats on offer in five States, importantly in Gujarat, Delhi, Rajasthan.
Things to reflect: All 7 `known’ journalists who contested have lost – Ilmi, Ashutosh, Khaitan, Jarnail, Chandan, Rakhi, Anita #IElect2014
— Manu Pubby (@manupubby) May 16, 2014