The 16th general elections has sprung a few surprises despite it being a straight contest between the BJP and the rest.
* NOTA has polled more votes than 21 political parties in this Lok Sabha elections. Over 60 lakh voters rejected candidates fielded by various political parties and chose ‘none of the above’.
* Another surprise was that the Bahujan Samajwadi Party has a 4.1% vote share among parties, third only to BJP and Congress, and didn’t win a single Lok Sabha seat out of the 80 seats it contested in Uttar Pradesh.
* And Jayalalithaa’s AIADMK has won 37 seats despite polling less number of votes than the Samajwadi Party. SP won just 5.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
* The BJP has crushed its opposition and won all the seats on offer in five States, importantly in Gujarat, Delhi, Rajasthan.
Things to reflect: All 7 `known’ journalists who contested have lost – Ilmi, Ashutosh, Khaitan, Jarnail, Chandan, Rakhi, Anita #IElect2014
— Manu Pubby (@manupubby) May 16, 2014