- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Lok Sabha results: Top five election trends
The 16th general elections has sprung a few surprises despite it being a straight contest between the BJP and the rest.
* NOTA has polled more votes than 21 political parties in this Lok Sabha elections. Over 60 lakh voters rejected candidates fielded by various political parties and chose ‘none of the above’.
* Another surprise was that the Bahujan Samajwadi Party has a 4.1% vote share among parties, third only to BJP and Congress, and didn’t win a single Lok Sabha seat out of the 80 seats it contested in Uttar Pradesh.
* And Jayalalithaa’s AIADMK has won 37 seats despite polling less number of votes than the Samajwadi Party. SP won just 5.
* The BJP has crushed its opposition and won all the seats on offer in five States, importantly in Gujarat, Delhi, Rajasthan.
Things to reflect: All 7 `known’ journalists who contested have lost – Ilmi, Ashutosh, Khaitan, Jarnail, Chandan, Rakhi, Anita #IElect2014
— Manu Pubby (@manupubby) May 16, 2014