A complaint was recently filed in this regard by Rajendra Mishra in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC), R K Devalia, alleging that AAP workers while campaigning for the party at different places in the country carry their party symbol “Jhaadu” (broom) along with the national flag.
He also alleged that AAP workers sweep the floor with a broom and later wave it along with the national flag, which amounts to disrespect.
“The complaint was filed under section 2 of the Prevention of Insult to the National Honour Act 1971, the complainant’s advocate,” Alok Sharma told reporters.
After taking cognisance of the matter, the court on Saturday directed police to register a case against 10 AAP leaders, namely Kejriwal, Ashutosh, Rajmohan Gandhi, Shazia Ilmi, Sagar Lok Sabha seat candidate Atul Mishra, local party workers Gita Patel, Jagpreet Singh Bhogal, Kshitij Jain, Malkhan Parihar and Shikhar Agrawal in the matter.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The court directed police to register a case and forward it the Delhi Police Commissioner for further action.
Bina Police Station in-charge, T M Sayyed confirmed receipt of the copy of the court order and said the police will take appropriate action in the matter.